The 5th round of the 2013 Swiss Championship was held at the Langenthal track with 70 drivers in attendance. On Friday most of the drivers arrived for practice and it was Silvio Hächler who was able to smash the track record, which later on was broken again by Simon to a 12.115. This time Simon started in two classes, 1/10 and 1/8 expert. Without any problem he took the TQ in 1/10 but in 1/8 he suffered from a broken engine during the first qualifier but in his second run, he was able to take TQ in the 1/8 class also. In 1/8 Amateur it was the Capricorn driver Christian Seiler who took the best starting position for the semi-final.
1/8 Expert qualifying top 5
1. Kurzbuch Simon – 24L 5:03.521
2. Hächler Silvio – 24L 5:06.865
3. Nydegger Jürg – 23L 5:02.440
4. Martinelli Luca – 23L 5:02.789
5. Henzi Thomas – 23L 5:03.703
1/8 Amateur qualifying top 5
1. Seiler Christian – 23L 5:07.089
2. Geisser Andy – 23L 5:08.001
3. Rizzo Marco – 23L 5:09.765
4. Asendorf Noah – 22L 5:00.054
5. Knorn Tom – 22L 5:01.722
1/10 qualifying top 5
1. Kurzbuch Simon – 21L 5:03.436
2. Schär Traugott – 21L 5:06.570
3. Felix Reto – 21L 5:09.582
4. Reiser Marco – 20L 5:01.492
5. Schlehan Severin – 20L 5:06.656
Sunday started with warm and sunny weather and a very fast Simon Kurzbach who smashed the competition in the 1/10 class. From start he never looked back and won 5 laps ahead of the 2nd fastest driver, Michael Schäfer and 3th placed Reiser Marco who finished just 7 second behind the Michael.
1/10 top 5 result
1. Kurzbuch Simon – Shepherd/Max – 118L 30:01.800
2. Schäfer Michael – Xray/Picco – 113L 30:00.092
3. Reiser Marco – Serpent/Max – 113L 30:07.407
4. Lehnherr Christian – Xray/Picco – 113L 30:11.960
5. Felix Reto – Serpent/Max – 111L 30:07.706
The 1/8 Amateur final had some drama and an deserved winner to offer. Starting from pole, Knorn Tom had a good race until he had to retire due to issues on his car. Now Andy Geisser was in the front and had no problem to take his first win this season. He is one of the drivers to watch for in the Expert class next year for sure.
1/8 Amateur top 5 result
1. Geisser Andy – Shepherd/Novarossi – 129L 30:10.856
2. Rizzo Marco – Xray/Picco – 125L 30:11.819
3. Wirz Martin – Mugen/Novarossi – 124L 30:03.164
4. Paul Stefan – Mugen/Novarossi – 121L 30:03.873
5. Eberdorfer Oliver – Serpent/Novarossi – 119L 30:06.533
As usual the 1/8 Expert final would end the racing day and for Mugen driver Silvio Hächler a second place would be enough to grab the 2013 Swiss Championship title with one meeting to go. Shepherd factory driver Simon Kurzbuch started from pole with Silvio just one place behind him. Both were able to open a small gap between them and the rest of the field. After the first pit stop Silvio tried to overtake Simon in front of the main straight which ended in a coming together for both. It was the last attack for the 45 minutes final, as Silvio wouldn’t take the risk for another accident. So Simon won just in front of Silvio who is now crowned the 2013 Swiss Champion, after dominating the first four Races with four victories and a second place.
1/8 Expert top 5 result
1. Kurzbuch Simon – Shepherd/Max – 202L 45:07.163
2. Hächler Silvio – Mugen/Novarossi – 201L 45:00.504
3. Henzi Thomas – Mugen/Novarossi – 196L 45:10.612
4. Hasler Remy – Mugen/Novarossi – 192L 45:05.126
5. Pasquin Claudio – Mugen/Picco – 189L 45:00.037
Thanks to Silvio Hächler for sending the report.
Am Wochnende vom 31. August & 01. September 2013 findet der 5. SM Lauf der Verbrenner in Langenthal statt. Wir alle freuen uns auf schönes Wetter und alle Helfer, die es ermöglichen den Event reibungslos durchzuführen.
Bis jetzt sind total 47 Fahrer angemenldet und es werden sicher noch einige dazukommen.
Am Donnerstag, 29. August ab 17:00h machen wir die Piste parat.
Ab Freitag, 30. August 2013 - 14:00h bis 18:00h ist die Piste zum trainieren parat.
Wir freuen uns auf viele Teilnehmer und auf ein spannendes und faires Rennen.